|Home » |
Encyclopedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library
The Encyclopedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library is a captivating and effective learning and entertainment center for people of all ages. The set includes:
- 1 SD-X Interactive Reader, a battery-powered pen that reads the words on the book pages and offers audio content such as facts, sound effects, and cross-references to other pages in the book.
- 6 fact-filled science books from the editors of Encyclopedia Britannica.
- 2 AAA batteries that power the SD-X Interactive Reader.
The Encyclopedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library cover topics that long have fascinated readers of all ages. Each hardcover, 80-page book is filled with factual text, and highly detailed photographs and illustrations. Here is a brief description of each of the books:
- Earth. Includes data on Earth's formation, rocks and minerals, volcanoes and other dramatic events, and weather and climate.
- Humans. Includes information on early man, inventions and technology, and the human body.
- Animals. Includes data on invertebrates, amphibians, and mammals.
- Under the Sea. Includes information on ancient life, invertebrates, fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
- Dinosaurs, Reptiles, and Birds. Includes data on how the mighty creatures of prehistoric times live on today in their crawling and flying ancestors.
- Space. Includes information on the solar system and beyond, and man's efforts to explore space.
The SD-X Interactive Reader works only with these six science books. The SD-X Interactive Reader and the books also are available separately. Additional offerings are two different sets of an SD-X Interactive Reader and three books.
6 80-page interactive science reference books from the editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica.
1 scanning pen that activates sound in the books.
2 AAA batteries that power the scanning pen.
||Editor-Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica|
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 7 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 7 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
9 of 10 found the following review helpful:
Excellent - My Son Can't get Enough...Nov 23, 2010
By Jackson Burroughs
I knew it was supposed to be the "hot" gift or the "gift of the season", but when I heard the Encyclopaedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library was educational, I was the first to race to the store to grab it. Wishing I had waited, it would have made an amazing holiday book. The amount he has learned is truly amazing. Highly recommended!
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
SIMPLE GREATSep 13, 2012
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE BOOKS! BOUGHT THEM FOR MY 5YR OLD AND EVEN THOUGH THESE BOOKS ARE QUIET HARDER TO READ FOR HER AGE GROUP THE READING PEN HELPS OUT TONS. EVEN I LEARNED A GREAT DEAL FROM THESE BOOKS AND IT KEPT MY ATTENTION. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THESE BOOKS TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO!
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Fantastic bookJan 02, 2013
By Sakthi P. Kumarasamy
Fantastic books for the kids of 4 ~ 6. Brought it as a gift from Costco for my nephew and he is on the book all the time. I wish Amazon has it in their stock again.
Interactive pen never worked; poor customer serviceMar 14, 2013
The title of my review says it all: I bought these as a gift for my son for the holidays. The books themselves are nice, but the electronic pen that came with my set never worked, despite changing batteries etc. I have called customer service several times and they can't even pull up records of my previous calls, even though they gave me a "message number" (which is apparently useless except to another department that I can't contact directly - they won't give me that phone number). The customer service dept claims to send a message to this other department that is then supposed to take care of this by calling me back and sending me a replacement pen, but this has never happened - this has been going on for several months.
pen broke after a few daysJan 29, 2013
By Alicia Sorenson
I was so excited when i bought this for my kids christmas. My kids all loved it and did it often over the next several days. Then for no reason the pen started turning off right after turning on. Tried new batteries-that is not the problem. So very sad and dissapointed as now my kids want to use it and are upset when the pen refuses to work.
See all 7 customer reviews on Amazon.com